Winter 2008, ITI 1120: Introduction to Computing I
Problem solving and algorithm design. Basic principles of software
engineering: structure decomposition, documentation, testing and
debugging. Variable types, expressions and assignment. Conditional and
iterative control structures. Modules and parameter
passing. Recursion. Fundamental data structures: arrays, strings,
matrices, records. Introduction to objects. Includes examples of
applications in various disciplines, including engineering.
- Course Outline (pdf)
Dr. Amy Felty
562-5800 ext. 6694
- Course Notes (Required)
- Available here in pdf format.
- Textbook (Recommended)
- Starting Out with Java: From Control structures through
Objects, Tony Gaddis, Addison Wesley, 3rd edition, 2007.
- Other Resources and Useful Links
- SITE Lab Information and Documentation
- Academic/Student Associations