Networks, specifically in:
- Applied AI
in Multimedia Systems:
Measurement, Network Measurement, Image-Based Food Computing
Systems and Networks: Video
Video Conferencing, Mobile Video, 3D/Multiview Video, Multiple
Systems and Networks: Networked
Games, Mobile Games, Serious Games, Cloud Gaming, Massively
Online Gaming (MMOG) and Virtual Environments
Personal Health Systems: Assistive
Systems, Serious Games for Medical Diagnosis, Virtual Rehabilitation,
Awards, and Honours|
- Career and 2021 Top-2%-cited Scientist, Artificial Intelligence and Image Processing, standardized
- IEEE Instrumentation and Measurement Society Distinguished Service Award, 2021
- George S.
Glinski Award for Excellence in Research,
recognizing Faculty of Engineering’s Researcher of the Year, University
of Ottawa, 2019
Editor of the Year, ACM Transactions on Multimedia
Computing, Communications, and Applications, 2019
- Best Associate Editor Award, IEEE
Transactions on Circuits and Systems for Video Technology, 2018
- IEEE Fellow, for
contributions to multimedia systems and network measurements, 2017
- Executive Vice President, IEEE
- Chair, Society Management Committee, IEEE IMS
- Member, Fellow Coordination Committee, IEEE IMS
- Key Member, IEEE
Multimedia Cloud Computing Interest Group (MCCIG)
- Member, IEEE CS
Technical Committee on Multimedia Computing (TCMC)
- Member, IEEE ComSoc
Technical Committee on Multimedia Communications (MMTC)
- Member, ACM SIGMM
See publications list on my Google
(updated frequently by Google).
5121/CSI 7163: Multimedia Communications (Fall '19, Winter '23)
Engineering Project Management
'06, '07, '08, '18, Fall '09, '10, '11, '13, '14, '15, '18, '19, '20, '21, '22)
4913: Electrical Engineering Design Project II (Winter '21, '22)
4912: Electrical Engineering Design Project I (Fall '09,
'10, '11, '20, '21)
1106: Fundamentals of Engineering Computation (Fall '02,
'11, '14, '18, '19, '20)
Software Project Management (Fall '04, '05, '06, '07, '09, '10, '11,
'13, '14, '15, '18, '19)
5117: Foundations of Software Engineering (Winter '18)
- ELG 5374:
Computer Communication Networks (Fall '15)
1120: Introduction to Computing I (Fall '13)
Computer Network Management (Winter '06, '07, '08)
Computer Network Design (Winter '08)
Higher Layer Network Protocols (Winter '04, '05; Fall '05, '06, '07)
|Postdoc, PhD, and
Master's researchers trained
- Quantifying Uncertainty in Machine Learning-Assisted Sensing, IEEE Sensors Applications Symposium, Ottawa, Canada, July 18, 2023.
- Towards Automating Network Operation Centers with AI, IEEE International Conference on Computing, Networking and Communications, Honolulu, Hawaii, USA, February 22 2023.
- Quantifying and Communicating Uncertainty in Machine Learning-Assisted Measurement, Keynote, IEEE International Conference on Sensing, Measurement & Data Analytics, December 22 2022 .
- AI-Assisted Light Field Depth Estimation and Compression, Invited talk, 2nd JPEG Pleno Workshop on Learning-Based Light Field Coding Proceedings, ISO/IEC JTC1/SC29/WG1, wg1n100308, September 21 2022.
- Quantifying Uncertainty in Machine Learning Based Measurement, Keynote, IEEE International Conference on Imaging Systems and Techniques 2021, New York, USA, August 24 2021.
without Measurement: Applied AI Meets Applied Measurement,
Invited Talk, Taiwan
Instrument Research Institute, National Applied Research Laboratories,
Hsinchu, Taiwan, March 9 2020.
AI in EEG-Assisted Detection of ADHD: The FOCUS Game,
Keynote, IEEE GlobalSIP,
Ottawa, Canada, November 14 2019.
Assisted Video Networking, Keynote, IEEE GCC Conference and
Exhibition, Kuwait City, Kuwait, April 21 2019.