back to CSI 4105 home
- 2002/01/03: The final marks have been posted in the main page.
"Letter Gr" is the course unoficial mark; "Exam" is the mark in the final exam.
- 2001/12/17: New office hours, current marks, review lecture
material, exam timetable information have all been posted in
the main page for this course.
Assignments have been marked (can be picked up at office hours),
solutions for A3 are by my door for pickup. Solutions for previous
assignments can be borrowed from my door for photocopying.
Assignment #3 new deadline: December 3.
- 2001/11/10: Office hours with TA Marina Sokolova:
- Monday Nov 12 - 5:00-6:00 pm - room: MCD307
- Tuesday Nov 13 - 5:00-6:00 pm - room: MCD307
- Friday Nov 23 - 3:00-4:00 pm - room: MCD307
- Monday Nov 26 - 5:00-6:00 pm - room: MCD307
- Tuesday Nov 27 - 5:00-6:00 pm - room: MCD307
- Monday Dec 10 - 5:00-6:00 pm - room: MCD307
My handwritten midterm solutions are missing from my office door: see
- 2001/11/09: Change in assignment#2: see e-mail message.
2001/10/23: Office hours with Lucia Moura:
Wednesday October 24: 12:30-1:30 AND 3:00-4:00, at my office.
- 2001/10/11,12: Office hours schedule with T.A. Marina Sokolova:
Friday Oct 12, from 11:00 to 12:00 : room TBA (please check room confirmation at
my office door: MCD 314. It will be close by).
Tuesday Oct 16, from 5:00 to 6:00 : room MCD 318.
- 2001/09/21: I was recently made aware that the current edition of
the textbook by Cormen, Leiserson and Rivest is a 2nd edition from 2001.
The good news is that the changes are minimal on the chapters we are using
for this course.
- Chapter numbers: the previous chapter numbers in my lecture plan were
outdated; references have been corrected in the new lecture
contents, but I also kept the correspondence to the old edition.
- The new edition contains an interesting section on
an approximation algorithm for the weighted vertex-cover using linear programming.
I will cover this one instead of the previously planned approximation
algorithm for the subset-sum. Changes are reflected
on the lecture contents and
on the updated course outline.
- Background sections: you can also find on the new lecture contents page,
references to sections that covers background material you may wish to
- A warning for the owners of 1st edition (1990):
you should photocopy 3 sections from the new book: 2 sections that use
completely different proofs and a the section adopted from the new book.
These sections in which discrepancies occur are noted in lecture contents page.
- 2001/09/13: I have added an extra office hour on Thursdays
from 3:30-4:30, since some students were not available on the other
scheduled times. This information has been updated on the course outline
- 2001/09/06: I forgot to give you the printed copy of the course
outline (the same available in the main page). You may get it from my office
door now or at the next class on Monday.
- 2001/09/05: To students that MIGHT be interested in pursuing
graduate studies: go to an information session on Monday September 10 on
how to apply for scholarships and apply for an NSERC scholarship this Fall!!!
- 2001/09/03: News are going to be posted here. Check regularly!