CSI 3130 -- Fall 2013
NOTE: the most recent announcements are on top of this page
19/11/13: Old final exam: eng,
01/11/12: ASSIGNMENT 1:
Do Exercises 17.2 (except "view-serializable" and "strict") and 18.4.
Do them in groups of two. Due date is November 13, 2013.
- Old midterm: eng,
- Again, as said in class, the midterm will be held on this coming Wednesday.
16/10/13: Here are the chapters and sections to study for the midterm:
- Chap 8: 8.2--8.4
- Chap 9: 9.2--9.7
- Chap 10: 10.1-10.8
- Chap 12 : 12.1--12.6
- Chap 13 : 13.1--13.5
- Chap 14 : 14.1-- 14. 6 (Except 14.2.3,14.4.4)
- Chap 15 : 15.1-15.6 (Except histograms)
09/10/13: PROJECT. The TA will tell you more.
30/09/13: ASSIGNMENT 1:
Do Exercises 9.18, 10.10(2), 13.4, 14.4(1-4) and 15.8.
Do them in groups of two. Due date is October 11, 2013.
11/09/13: The tutorials and labs start when we have a TA.
- I will do my best to make the lecture notes for each week
available at the start of the week.
- I strongly recommend you to buy the course text book, if you do not have it already.
The textbook is the same as for CSI2132.
Exam questions will assume all the chapters and sections that we will
cover in the book. In addition, you will need to buy the C book by Kernighan and Richie. We will
use the C language for the programming project.
- The course has tutorial and lab hours. Therefore the TAs assigned to the course
will only mark the assignments. Tutorialswill complement my lectures, and labs will help you
get familiar with the programming environment used for the term project.
- Practical assignments and the course project will assume the knowledge of
PostgreSQL, the most sophisticated open source DBMS available to date.
I urge you to consult the appropriate developer web pages to get used to the