ELG 5121 / CSI 7163 - Projects' Topics
Oct. 20 Project demo and documentation due.
Topics: Please send me your prefered project along with your partner name (cc'ing him) from the list below by Oct. 20 (11:59 pm)
ONLY projects FROM this LIST are ACCEPTED
1) Implementation of a haptic-based game: This project is meant to provide the student with experiences in building a haptic application using different haptic interfaces. Also users can build their own harware (sensors and actuators) and a simple game to proof their concepts.
2) Design and development of context aware application on a smart phone:
Three types of media will be given special focus: audio/video streaming, interactive 3D environments, and elastic media such as chat messages or discussion boards. To achieve the transfer of such media, we will design best-effort protocols for real-time audio/video conferencing/broadcasting, timely-reliable protocols for interactive 3D environments, and reliable data exchange protocols for elastic media. Current communication technology such as e-mail does not support interpersonal relationship in distributed collaborative environments. We intend to design a novel communication tool with the interpersonal relationship in mind. Participant will be able to send other users video/audios and other multimedia document in the context of routine daily activities, such as “I miss you” and “I love you” clips. The recipient views the multimedia content (video clips) either synchronously or asynchronously, depending on the context and environment. Asynchronous communication techniques are needed if, e.g., the time zone is very different so that a participant sends a good morning clip to another participant and this clip will be used as a wake up alarm. The proposed ambient intelligent tool will be designed to enhance relationship between distributed friends/co-workers and family members in a subtle and appropriate way.
3) Digital Media Special Effects:
This project involve the use of Kinect to interact with a mobile robot or smart phone through a PC.
4) Multimedia Personal Notes on the GO:
The purpose of this project is to allow users to use their smart phones and record their notes in audio / video format combined with text. The program will save the content by timestamp and allow users to review their past records.
5) Haptics and VR-based data-gloves and
interaction techniques with the PC.
6) Media, sensors and actuators: Wake up alert for sleepy drivers:
This project intend to design a program that can be put on a mobile device that will check the drivers face expression and alert by audio to the driver and by a text message to a friend, two ways to alert the sleepy driver that will wake him up or make him to pull over.
7) Multimedia Games on smart phones:
Design and development of an Interactive multimedia game
8) StoryTeller - A Multimedia Presentation
9) Multimedia Ambient Intelligence: Enabling Ambient Intelligence via smart phones: design and implementation smart home appliance systems that are self regulated, controlled and capable of communicating with users via the wireless cellular network.
10) Virtual game based on accerleration conditions and kinect : the aim of this project is to reflect a person movement to the avatar in a virtual environment game.
objective: map sensory data to a virtual environment using an accelerometer and Kinect camera.
11) Avatar detection game based on kinect camera. In a home environment, we want to detect who is in within some room boundries and try to detect individual movement inside the room.
Objective: person detection using skeleton shape provided by Kinect camera.
12) Gender recognition using Kinect Skeleton Tracking.
In this project we will use the kinect skeleton tracking system in order to measure the static parameters of the person and determine the its gender depending on these parameters. More in this will come later.
13) Kinect Puzzle Game
The kinect camera takes a photo of the user and then shuffles it. The user has to put all the pieces together in their right places in order to get his/her complete picture again. The game is intended for the people that have had a stroke and they have troubles with their cognition abilities. Also, more on this will come later.
14) Virtual Writing on Board using Kinect
Imagine that you can draw and write on a virtual board using only hand gestures. The Kinect Virtual Board gives users the ability to write information and draw shapes via the Kinect’s sensor. By developing such application, you can see goodbye to writing boards, chokes, and board’s pens.