Web presence: [LinkedIn] [twitter]
Requirements Engineering Journal, Special Issue on RE 2018Amyot D., Maalej, W. (Guest Editors), paper descriptions and editorial, September 2019.
Survey paper on URNAmyot, D. and Mussbacher, G. (2011) User Requirements Notation: The First Ten Years, The Next Ten Years. Invited paper, Journal of Software (JSW), Vol. 6, No. 5, Academy Publisher, May 2011, 747-768.
I joined EECS in February 2002, after a few years as Senior Researcher at (Mitel Networks). From 2002 to 2013, I was Associate Rapporteur on Formal languages and telecommunication software at the International Telecommunication Union (ITU-T), where I led the development of the User Requirements Notation (URN) standard. I also lead the development of the jUCMNav tool for URN modeling and analysis. My research interests span many domains, from requirements/software engineering to modelling (goals and business processes), regulatory compliance, healthcare informatics, and smart contracts. I hold a Ph.D. and a M.Sc. from the University of Ottawa (2001 and 1994), as well as a B.Sc. from Laval University (1992), all in Computer Science. I am a member of OIQ (professional engineer) and Senior Member of IEEE.
I am on the Editorial Boards of the following journals:
I am also affiliated with the following research organizations:
- Contract Specification and Monitoring Lab
- LIFE Research Institute
- IBM/Telfer Centre for Business Analytics and Performance
- Institut du savoir Montfort (ISM)
- Telfer Health Transformation Exchange (THTex)
I am involved in the following conferences, so please submit papers and participate!
- ACM/IEEE 25th Int. Conf. on Model Driven Engineering Languages and Systems (MODELS 2022) (Posters Co-Chair), Montréal, Canada, 16-21 October 2022. Submissions: May 18, 2022
- 30th IEEE International Requirements Engineering Conference (RE 2022) (Programme committee, research track), Virtual, Melbourne, Australia, 15-19 August 2022. Submissions: Feb 24, 2022
- 16th International Conference on Research Challenges in Information Science (RCIS 2022) (Programme committee), Barcelona, Spain, 17-20 May 2022. Submissions: Jan. 22, 2022
- 28th International Working Conference on Requirement Engineering: Foundation for Software Quality (Programme committee), Birmingham, UK, 21-24 March 2022.
- Past conferences...
School of Electrical Engineering and Computer Science
University of Ottawa
800 King Edward St.,
Ottawa, Ontario, Canada, K1N 6N5
Phone: +1 613-562-5800 ext. 6947
Fax: +1 613-562-5664
Office: SITE Hall, Room 5-021