Web presence: [LinkedIn] [twitter] [Open Hub]
Requirements Engineering Journal, Special Issue on RE 2018Amyot D., Maalej, W. (Guest Editors), paper descriptions and editorial, September 2019.
Survey paper on URNAmyot, D. and Mussbacher, G. (2011) User Requirements Notation: The First Ten Years, The Next Ten Years. Invited paper, Journal of Software (JSW), Vol. 6, No. 5, Academy Publisher, May 2011, 747-768.
I joined EECS in February 2002, after a few years as Senior Researcher at (Mitel Networks). From 2002 to 2013, I was Associate Rapporteur on Formal languages and telecommunication software at the International Telecommunication Union (ITU-T), where I led the development of the User Requirements Notation (URN) standard. I also lead the development of the jUCMNav tool for URN modeling and analysis, and I maintain the URN Virtual Library. My research interests span many domains, from requirements/software engineering to modelling (scenarios, goals, aspects, and business processes), regulatory compliance, and healthcare informatics. I hold a Ph.D. and a M.Sc. from the University of Ottawa (2001 and 1994), as well as a B.Sc. from Laval University (1992), all in Computer Science. I am a member of OIQ (professional engineer) and Senior Member of IEEE.
I am on the Editorial Boards of the following journals:
I am also affiliated with the following research organizations:
- Nanda Laboratory on Software Engineering
- LIFE Research Institute
- IBM/Telfer Centre for Business Analytics and Performance
- Institut du savoir Montfort (ISM)
- Telfer Health Transformation Exchange (THTex)
I am involved in the following conferences, so please submit papers and participate!
- 18th International Conference on Business Process Management (BPM 2020) (program committee), Sevilla, Spain, 13-18 September 2020.
- 28th IEEE International Requirements Engineering Conference (RE 2020) (journal first co-chair), Zurich, Switzerland, 31 August - 4 September 2020.
- 32nd International Conference on Advanced Information Systems Engineering (CAiSE’20) (program committee), Grenoble, France, 8-12 June 2020.
- International Conference on Research Challenges in Information Science (RCIS2020) (program committee), Limassol, Cyprus, 20-22 May 2020.
- Past conferences...
School of Electrical Engineering and Computer Science
University of Ottawa
800 King Edward St.,
Ottawa, Ontario, Canada, K1N 6N5
Phone: +1 613-562-5800 ext. 6947
Fax: +1 613-562-5664
Office: SITE Hall, Room 5-021