Web presence: [LinkedIn] [twitter] [Open Hub]
Survey paper on URNAmyot, D. and Mussbacher, G. (2011) User Requirements Notation: The First Ten Years, The Next Ten Years. Invited paper, Journal of Software (JSW), Vol. 6, No. 5, Academy Publisher, May 2011, 747-768.
I joined EECS in February 2002, after a few years as Senior Researcher at (Mitel Networks). From 2002 to 2013, I was Associate Rapporteur on Formal languages and telecommunication software at the International Telecommunication Union (ITU-T), where I led the development of the User Requirements Notation (URN) standard. I also lead the development of the jUCMNav tool for URN modeling and analysis, and I maintain the URN Virtual Library. My research interests span many domains, from requirements/software engineering to modelling (scenarios, goals, aspects, and business processes), regulatory compliance, and healthcare informatics. I hold a Ph.D. and a M.Sc. from the University of Ottawa (2001 and 1994), as well as a B.Sc. from Laval University (1992), all in Computer Science. I am a member of OIQ (professional engineer), ACM, IEEE, INCOSE and CIPS
I am on the Editorial Boards of the following journals:
I also do research at the:
- Software and Systems Modeling (SoSyM), Springer
- Empirical Software Engineering (EMSE), Springer
- International Journal of Healthcare Information Systems and Informatics (IJHISI), Springer
at the Institut de Recherche de l'Hôpital Montfort (IRHM),
and at the Telfer Health Transformation Exchange (THTex).
I am involved in the following conferences, so please submit papers and participate!
- 41th International Conference on Software Engineering (ICSE 2019) (Co-Located Events Chair), Montréal, Canada, 25 May - 1 June 2019.
- 10th System Analysis and Modelling Conference (SAM 2018) (program committee), Copenhagen, Denmark, 15-16 October 2018.
- ACM/IEEE 21st International Conference on Model Driven Engineering Languages and Systems (MODELS 2018) (program committee), Copenhagen, Denmark, 14-19 October 2018.
- 26th IEEE International Requirements Engineering Conference (RE 2018) (Program Co-Chair), Banff, Canada, 20-24 August 2018. (Key dates)
- 30th International Conference on Advanced Information Systems Engineering (CAiSE’18) (program committee), Tallin, Estonia, 11-15 June 2018.
- Past conferences...
School of Electrical Engineering and Computer Science
University of Ottawa
800 King Edward St.,
Ottawa, Ontario, Canada, K1N 6N5
Phone: +1 613-562-5800 ext. 6947
Fax: +1 613-562-5664
Office: SITE Hall, Room 5-021