Web presence: [LinkedIn] [twitter] [Open Hub]
Requirements Engineering Journal, Special Issue on RE 2018Amyot D., Maalej, W. (Guest Editors), paper descriptions and editorial, September 2019.
Survey paper on URNAmyot, D. and Mussbacher, G. (2011) User Requirements Notation: The First Ten Years, The Next Ten Years. Invited paper, Journal of Software (JSW), Vol. 6, No. 5, Academy Publisher, May 2011, 747-768.
I joined EECS in February 2002, after a few years as Senior Researcher at (Mitel Networks). From 2002 to 2013, I was Associate Rapporteur on Formal languages and telecommunication software at the International Telecommunication Union (ITU-T), where I led the development of the User Requirements Notation (URN) standard. I also lead the development of the jUCMNav tool for URN modeling and analysis, and I maintain the URN Virtual Library. My research interests span many domains, from requirements/software engineering to modelling (scenarios, goals, aspects, and business processes), regulatory compliance, and healthcare informatics. I hold a Ph.D. and a M.Sc. from the University of Ottawa (2001 and 1994), as well as a B.Sc. from Laval University (1992), all in Computer Science. I am a member of OIQ (professional engineer) and Senior Member of IEEE.
I am on the Editorial Boards of the following journals:
I am member of the International Advisory Board of the International Journal of Extreme Automation and Connectivity in Healthcare (IJEACH), Chair of the Steering Committee of the IEEE International Requirements Engineering Conference, and Chair of the SDL Forum Society.
- Empirical Software Engineering (EMSE), Springer
- Requirements Engineering (REJ), Springer
- Software and Systems Modeling (SoSyM), Springer
I am also affiliated with the following research organizations:
- Nanda Laboratory on Software Engineering
- Contract Specification and Monitoring Lab
- LIFE Research Institute
- IBM/Telfer Centre for Business Analytics and Performance
- Institut du savoir Montfort (ISM)
- Telfer Health Transformation Exchange (THTex)
I am involved in the following conferences, so please submit papers and participate!
- 29th IEEE International Requirements Engineering Conference (RE 2021) (programme committee), Notre Dame, IN, USA, 20-24 September 2021.
- 43rd International Conference on Software Engineering (ICSE 2021) (Journal-First committee), Virtual, Spain, 23-29 May 2021.
- 15th International Conference on Research Challenges in Information Science (RCIS 2021) (Programme committee), Limassol, Cyprus, 12-14 May 2021.
- 36th ACM Symposium on Applied Computing (ACM SAC) - 14th Requirements Engineering Track (RE-Track'21) (Programme committee), Qwangju, Korea, 22-26 March 2021.
- Past conferences...
School of Electrical Engineering and Computer Science
University of Ottawa
800 King Edward St.,
Ottawa, Ontario, Canada, K1N 6N5
Phone: +1 613-562-5800 ext. 6947
Fax: +1 613-562-5664
Office: SITE Hall, Room 5-021