Web presence: [LinkedIn] [twitter] [Open Hub]
Requirements Engineering Journal, Special Issue on RE 2018Amyot D., Maalej, W. (Guest Editors), paper descriptions and editorial, September 2019.
Survey paper on URNAmyot, D. and Mussbacher, G. (2011) User Requirements Notation: The First Ten Years, The Next Ten Years. Invited paper, Journal of Software (JSW), Vol. 6, No. 5, Academy Publisher, May 2011, 747-768.
I joined EECS in February 2002, after a few years as Senior Researcher at (Mitel Networks). From 2002 to 2013, I was Associate Rapporteur on Formal languages and telecommunication software at the International Telecommunication Union (ITU-T), where I led the development of the User Requirements Notation (URN) standard. I also lead the development of the jUCMNav tool for URN modeling and analysis, and I maintain the URN Virtual Library. My research interests span many domains, from requirements/software engineering to modelling (scenarios, goals, aspects, and business processes), regulatory compliance, and healthcare informatics. I hold a Ph.D. and a M.Sc. from the University of Ottawa (2001 and 1994), as well as a B.Sc. from Laval University (1992), all in Computer Science. I am a member of OIQ (professional engineer) and Senior Member of IEEE.
I am on the Editorial Boards of the following journals:
I am also affiliated with the following research organizations:
- Contract Specification and Monitoring Lab
- LIFE Research Institute
- IBM/Telfer Centre for Business Analytics and Performance
- Institut du savoir Montfort (ISM)
- Telfer Health Transformation Exchange (THTex)
I am involved in the following conferences, so please submit papers and participate!
- 14th International i* Workshop (iStar'21) (program committee), Virtual, Canada, 18-19 October 2021.
- 13th System Analysis and Modelling (SAM) Conference (program committee), Virtual, Japan, 11-12 October 2021.
- ACM/IEEE 24th Int. Conf. on Model Driven Engineering Languages and Systems (MODELS 2021) (program committee, Practice and Innovation track and doctoral symposium), Virtual, Japan, 10-15 October 2021.
- Second International Workshop on Requirements Engineering for Well-Being, Aging, and Health (REWBAH 2021) (Organization Co-Chair), Virtual, Notre Dame, IN, USA, 20 or 21 September 2021.
- 11th International Model-Driven Requirements Engineering (MoDRE) Workshop (program committee), Virtual, Notre Dame, IN, USA, 20 or 21 September 2021.
- 29th IEEE International Requirements Engineering Conference (RE 2021) (programme committee, research track and doctoral symposium), Virtual, Notre Dame, IN, USA, 20-24 September 2021.
- Past conferences...
School of Electrical Engineering and Computer Science
University of Ottawa
800 King Edward St.,
Ottawa, Ontario, Canada, K1N 6N5
Phone: +1 613-562-5800 ext. 6947
Fax: +1 613-562-5664
Office: SITE Hall, Room 5-021