Updated: 2004-07-11 by Dr. Tuncer Íren
The Ottawa Center of the MISS network (OC-MISS) is committed to promoting the modelling and simulation discipline within Ottawa's National Capital Region. Through both individual and collaborative projects/activities, members of the Center will contribute to advancing the state-of-the-art of the discipline. Efforts will be undertaken to enhance both the educational opportunities in the discipline as well as the use of modelling and simulation as a teaching and research tool at both the University of Ottawa and Carleton University. Broader based and more extensive application of modelling and simulation techniques within Ottawa's technology, research and government community will be actively promoted. More specifically, the goals are as follows:
- To contribute to the development of modelling and simulation as a professional discipline.
- To contribute to the advancement of the state-of-the-art of modelling and simulation methodology, technology, and tools.
- To promote widespread and successful use of modeling and simulation in the National Capital Region in such areas as: education, business, engineering, science, social systems/governance (including international relations, conflict management, peace support/assurance operations), and several aspects of defense requirements.
- To enhance the educational opportunities in modelling and simulation in the National Capital Region including graduate theses work, academic courses, and professional training and seminars.
- To stimulate the development of modelling and simulation companies in Ottawa contributing to the solution of national and international problems.
Members of the OC-MISS will participate in both individual and collaborative activities within the modelling and simulation discipline. Some specific actions will include:
- Close cooperation with relevant groups such as other MISS Centers, member organizations of the M&SNet, as well as other leading Research Groups/Centers active in modelling and simulation.
- Form research teams (which can collaborate with modelling and simulation industry) to respond to the needs of both the local and international community.
- Organization of focused workshops, seminars, and conferences.
- Continue the development of an outstanding research and reference repository of modelling and simulation documents.