- Microwave circuits
- Development of simulation algorithms for RF integrated circuits.
- Model-order reduction for distortion analysis in RF circuits.
- Simulation of high-speed interconnects.
- Sensitivity computation for linear and nonlinear circuits.
- Real-Time modelling and simulation of power systems.
- Wireless & mobile communications (physical layer)
- Multi-antenna (MIMO) systems (capacity analysis, propagation channel, performance)
- Smart antennas
- Propagation channel modeling
- Use of adaptive methods in planar near-field techniques for the performance characterization of antennas.
- Application of characteristic mode analysis for the fundamental understanding of antenna operation, and in antenna design.
- Development of new configurations for the physical realization of MIMO antennas for use on handheld devices.
- Theoretical & experimental work on the use of holographic principles for antenna innovation & synthesis.
- Fundamental studies on electrically small antennas
Mustapha C.E Yagoub:
- Use of neural networks in microwave applications.
- CAD tools for linear/nonlinear microwave device/circuit modeling and design.
- Design and characterization of anisotropic structures
- UWB system design.
- Electromagnetic modeling of microwave passive devices for MCMs.
- Neuro-fuzzy modeling and optimization of RF/microwave systems
- RFID system design