back to CSI 4105 home
- 2002/12/12: Note that there has been a change in the office
hours on the week of Dec 16. The one on Dec 18 has been
cancelled, while 3 others have been added on Dec 17,19. See the main web page.
- 2002/11/26: The solution for assignment#2 has been posted.
- 2002/11/21: New office hours with T.A. Sebastian Raaphorst are available
here for Nov 26/27.
- 2002/11/21 The office hour on Monday Nov 25 from 10:10-11:00 has been changed to the same day from 11:30-12:30 due to a faculty assembly conflicting with the previous
time. This is a change for this day only.
- 2002/11/21 The tentative schedule of lectures has been updated to
reflect what was covered and what it is intended to be covered.
- 2002/11/21 Assignment#2 has been returned today, marks have been posted
in the web page and the marking guide with marks breakdown has been posted.
The solutions will be posted by Monday Nov 25.
- 2002/11/18 Assignment#3 is now posted in the web page. It was
given last Thursday in class.
- 2002/11/12: A hint on Assignment 2
(question 3) has been posted and sent by e-mail.
2002/11/11: New office hours with T.A. Sebastian (Marc) Raaphorst are available
- 2002/11/02 The midterm marks have now been posted in the web page.
2002/10/31: Assigment#2 has been posted in the web page
(It was handed out at the test day as well). I have decided to use the
optional question (#5) as an opportunity for the students who didn't do well
on assignmnet#1 to have the marks of this question entering in some
sort of formula to increase their assignment#1 mark. I'll post the formula at
a later date, but for now, you may work on question 5 as well, if you
wish to have your mark of assignment#1 increased. It is also a good opportunity to get the hang of NP-completeness proofs (last chance to have something like
this marked before the final exam).
2002/10/22: The solution for the posted past midterm is available for photocopying at
Marion building (Faculty of Science photocopying facility at the basement).
2002/10/21: A past midterm has been posted at the web page. Note
that the graph drawings are missing.
2002/10/21: Extra office hours before the midterm: office hour with
professor - Wed Oct 23 3:00-4:30 (SITE 5027); office hour with T.A. - Wed
Oct 23 2:00-3:30 (SITE 2070).
2002/10/21: Assignment 1 related information have been posted:
marks, solution, marking guide (explanation by T.A. about marking).
2002/10/05: There is a typo in the handout "Coverting a Turing Machine
into a RAM program", step 13 should read "SUB =1" rather than "SUB
2002/10/05: I have included in the web page a page with Frequently
asked questions about A1. See the link: A1 FAQ.
2002/10/04: Office hours with T.A. Marc Raaphorst are available
2002/09/26: A sample/example of conversion from a Turing Machine
to a RAM program is included in the web page.
2002/09/23: Assignment 1 is out.
2002/09/11: The lecture room has been changed to MRT 221
2002/08/27: News are going to be posted here. Check regularly!