CSI 3130 -- Fall 2009
NOTE: the most recent announcements are on top of this page
14/09/09: The labs start tomorrow Sept 15 !
The first lab will be on "Installing, configuring, and working with PostgreSQL". I also posted the labs schedule.
10/09/09: I am changing our schedule for the Friday lectures,
starting tomorrow Sept 11.
My lecture will be held from 10:00AM to 11:30AM in CBY B202 and the tutorial
will be held from 8:30AM to 10:00AM in MRN226.
That is, I will give the lecture at the current turorial time and your
tutorial will be at the current lecture time.
In a nutshell: tomorrow, the lecture will be in CBY B202 at 10:00AM.
There is no tutorial tomorrow.
- First day of classes is tomorrow wednesday, Sept 9, 09.
- I will do my best to make the lecture notes for each week
available at the start of the week.
- I strongly recommend you to buy the course text book, if you do not have it already.
The textbook is the same as for CSI2132.
Exam questions will assume all the chapters and sections that we will
cover in the book. In addition, you will need to buy the C book by Kernighan and Richie. We will
use the C language for the programming project.
- The course has tutorial and lab hours. Therefore the TAs assigned to the course
will only mark the assignments. Tutorialswill complement my lectures, and labs will help you
get familiar with the programming environment used for the term project.
- Practical assignments and the course project will assume the knowledge of
PostgreSQL, the most sophisticated open source DBMS available to date.
I urge you to consult the appropriate developer web pages to get used to the