Web presence: [LinkedIn] [twitter] [Open Hub]
Survey paper on URNAmyot, D. and Mussbacher, G. (2011) User Requirements Notation: The First Ten Years, The Next Ten Years. Invited paper, Journal of Software (JSW), Vol. 6, No. 5, Academy Publisher, May 2011, 747-768.
I joined EECS in February 2002, after a few years as Senior Researcher at (Mitel Networks). From 2002 to 2013, I was Associate Rapporteur on Formal languages and telecommunication software at the International Telecommunication Union (ITU-T), where I led the development of the User Requirements Notation (URN) standard. I also lead the development of the jUCMNav tool for URN modeling and analysis, and I maintain the URN Virtual Library. My research interests span many domains, from requirements/software engineering to modelling (scenarios, goals, aspects, and business processes), regulatory compliance, and healthcare informatics. I hold a Ph.D. and a M.Sc. from the University of Ottawa (2001 and 1994), as well as a B.Sc. from Laval University (1992), all in Computer Science. I am a member of OIQ (professional engineer), ACM, IEEE, INCOSE and CIPS
I am on the Editorial Boards of the following journals:
and at the Telfer Health Transformation Exchange (THTex).
I am involved in the following conferences, so please submit papers and participate!
- 32nd ACM Symposium on Applied Computing (SAC 2017), Requirements Engineering Track (program committee), Marrakesh, Morocco, April 3-7, 2017. Submission deadline: September 15, 2016.
- ACM/IEEE 19th International Conference on Model Driven Engineering Languages and Systems (MODELS 2016) (tutorial committee), Saint Malo, France, 2-7 October 2016. (Call for Tutorials)
- 9th System Analysis and Modelling Conference (SAM 2016) (program committee), Saint Malo, France, 3-4 October 2016.
- 24th IEEE International Requirements Engineering Conference (RE 2016) (program committee), Beijing, China, 12-16 September, 2016. (Key Dates)
- Ninth International Workshop on Requirements Engineering and Law (RELAW 2016) (co-organizer), Beijing, China, 13 September, 2016.
- Sixth International Model-Driven Requirements Engineering workshop (MoDRE 2016) (program committee), Beijing, China, 12 September, 2016.
- Ninth International i* Workshop (iStar 2016) (program committee), Beijing, China, 12-13 September, 2016.
- Past conferences...
School of Electrical Engineering and Computer Science
University of Ottawa
800 King Edward St.,
Ottawa, Ontario, Canada, K1N 6N5
Phone: +1 613-562-5800 ext. 6947
Fax: +1 613-562-5664
Office: SITE Hall, Room 5-021