.@.Suitability of SDL Methodology to Software Engineering
- Lixiang Wang, SION International Inc.
- Harry Silverstone, SION International Inc.
- Anand Srinivasan, SION International Inc.
- Rama MuniKoti, SION International Inc.
- Yanping Chen, University of Ottawa
- Prof. Robert L. Probert, University of Ottawa
Determine how the SDL methodology can help to the whole Software Engineering Life System:
Results and Status
- How can it be used to prompt TTM, Reliability and Quality of Software?
- What does it do best?
- How does it compare to other methods?
By using Tau from Telelogic on a well known and simple networking protocol: File Transfer Protocol (FTP), the following results are got now
- SDL methodology uses different design style/pattern from transitional protocol design and implementation
- Tau is easy to use.
- Tau is helpful to design
- Tau provides ways to achieve high reliable design
- Tau automatically generates application codes and test cases.
The following issues need more research:
- When Tau is used to application implementation
How easy to interface automatically generated test suite with legacy test system?
- How easy to modify the automatically generated application code?
- How easy to interface the code with legacy code?
- What is the performance of the automatically generated code?