Cadence University Program Member
This page provides information about the
software used at the
University of Ottawa. (A Cadence University Program Member.)
Research groups using Cadence products
These research groups are using Cadence products:
Cadence tools in our curriculum
Cadence software is being (or has been) used primarily in the following courses:
- ELG 6369, "Nonlinear Microwaves Devices and Effects" is a graduate level course
- ELG 5195, "Digital Logic Design: Principles and Practices" is a graduate level course
- ELG 4132, "Principles and Applications of VLSI Design" is an undergraduate level course
Cadence tools in our research:
Cadence software has been used in some research projects including:
- Digital IC: The design of a hardware-based genetic algorithm, part of an evolvable hardware project
- Custom IC: The design of a predictive floating-point analog-to-digital converter
- SPB (PCB): The design of a low-cost bidirectional human-computer interface chip.
- Verification: Single Electron Transistors (SETs):
The research using Cadence at the
Cardiovascular Devices Division Lab
at the University of Ottawa Heart Institute focuses on bridging
the gap between analytical SET models and CMOS-compatible models
towards developing a highly sensitive charge sensor that may be
integrated with other CMOS elements.
- The Network
Computing and Control Technologies Research Laboratory uses
Cadence to aid in the design and implementation of FPGA based Face
Detection devices and/or ASICS.
Integrated RF/microwave circuit design: Cadence has been used in
RF/microwave circuit design such as filters, low-noise amplifiers,
power amplifiers, mixers and oscillators; and in device characterization
such as CMOS transistor modeling. Associated integrated
layouts have been also generated using Cadence.
Ultra Wide Band: Cadence was used in the preparation of the PhD thesis of Omid Abedi: Narrow Band Interference Cancellation for UWB Application.
Carbon Nanotube FET: Cadence is used in the simulation of Carbon Nanotube FETs.
This is not the Cadence Homepage.
This page is only Cadence information-related.
Information is provided "as is" without warranty
or guarantee of any kind. No statement is made and no attempt has
been made to examine the information, either with respect to
operability, origin, authorship, or otherwise.
Please use this information at your own risk
and any attempt to use this information is at your own risk we
recommend using it on a copy of your data to be sure you understand
what it does and under your conditions. Keep your master intact
until you are personally satisfied with the use of this information
within your environment.
Last updated: 2019-04-18, by Keith White
Cadence is a trademark of Cadence Design Systems, Inc., 555 River Oaks Parkway, San Jose, CA 95134.